So it seems many people are trying the new Beta for Halo Infinite for the PC. I haven’t tried it yet to be honest, but I just have a cheap Dell Inspiron. But, in the forums I noticed someone say that they keep experiencing crashes while playing the game, (basically the game just quits and goes to the desktop of Windows 11). This user also mentions that he did not experience crashes at all in Windows 10. So, I did some looking around on Google to see if there were any possible fixes for this crashing problem.
Here are some things to try to prevent the game from crashing:
- Close all applications that use your network (like a VPN, Antivirus, Firewall, ETC).
- Turn off any metered connections.
- Disable all Fullscreen Optimizations.
- Disable Multiplayer High-Res Textures.
- Verify the integrity of your game files.
- Disable Overlay. Update Windows 11 (if it needs any updates).
- Get your recommended graphics card driver if it’s available (search through optional updates in Windows Update).
- Run the game from the beginning as Administrator by right clicking on the game launcher icon, then click on Run As Administrator.
- Close all background programs except for the game itself.
- Reinstall DirectX.
- Last possible fix: Downgrade to Windows 10 (here is a tutorial on how to downgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 11).
- Check out this link for more tips on how to prevent the game from crashing.